How can we find the cognitive ciruits & the mechanisms of schizophrenia with the primate brain?
We are investigating how the primates recognize reality to make the right decision based on the environmental condition.
- Investigating how the primates recognize the salience
- Studying the brain circuit mechanisms to understand the primate memory retrieval process
- fMRI and single-unit recording studies to find the primate brain areas involved in the positive, negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia patients
- Examining the differences of Schizophrenia patients in salience behavior
- Applying the primate brain mechanisms to schizophrenia patients
- Finding the best treatment mechanisms based on the primate cognitive behavior and brain mechanisms
Who are in this project?
SM Paeng & YS Ra
This project is supported by Neurological Disorder Research Program, National Research Foundation in Korea.